Sunday, December 18, 2005

T.V. Travails and lots more

I can't just seem to take my hands off my blog these days :D
Inspite of the fact that my keyboard has become a pain in the neck and i have to stomp the keys hard to type! Gonna get a new one soon but for the time being I tried opening it up but the screws are just too tight n I gave up..

I saw T.V. for 4 hours nonstop yesterday, well that may not sound much but it's a record of sorts for me in recent times. I've been totally off T.V. and I do not watch it for more than half an hour to an hour everyday.. that too while having lunch or dinner. The major reason being that I do not, correction did not, get Star World, Channel V, Star movies, HBO, Zee Cafe, any other music channel except MTV.. and i stopped watching saasbahu sagas years back. And guess wat, just today my cableguy came and fixed out wiring and now I get all of the above and more...yipeeeeeeeee!I can finally start watching T.V. again! Anyways getting back to yesterday, well yesterday I just decided to cuddle up in a rajai in front of the TV on my bed, armed with a remote in my hand and finally switched off the lights when it was around 3. (On a side note I must start sleeping earliar,wat'll I do once college starts again! I don't know where the sleeping monster in me has disappeared, I could sleep for 10 hours earliar, these days I only sleep for 7-8 :D:D )

Started off watchin the Immies, I like Ronan Keating, yeah yeah i do!I love his song which I've even posted on my blog once..'When you say nothing at all' , don't noe too many other than this.. but well.. he was there, then there was Jal(another awesome band from Pakistan,some really good songs they've got).. Bipasha Basu looking very scary, Saif Ali Khan with his cool dude look.. the guy's bcom a lot better than what he used to look though...then i saw some serial on a mafia family, a crime squad serial, and then a funny jasoos serial on some channel. I also saw this hindi version of Big Fight, dunno wat its called on Ndtv.. was good fun to watch really. There was this very loud aunty from BJP who was just going on and on how we shouldn't talk about sex, how we should stop the youth from indulging in premarital sex and so on.. (the talk show was about this statement the actress khusboo had made, and the furore it had created. Get some insight on it here, in case ur unaware of it) and i just so loved the way Pooja bhatt, who was the other speaker put her down and made her statements look so obviously hypocritical! whatever may happen, ur not supposed to talk abt it, and if someone dares to.. make a big hoohalla abt it .. don't people have anything better to do..

I don't know why I'm even writing all of this here.. must be one of my most absurd posts.. I'm just too vella so I'm spamming my blog..lol

Heard the song 'Hotel California' on the radio while I was driving abhi, probably one of the earliest English songs I'd heard.. felt nice listening to it.. I was trying to remember and I think the first English song I heard was either We don't need no education..Pink Floyd, of Nothing's gonna change my love for u.. Glenn Medieros.. I remember we don't need no .. because me and my friends had ganged up and prepared a dance 'item' ;) for our audience which was basically our parents :) on this song when i was probably in the 4rth or 5th std.. had loads of fun then..
I still remember most of Nothing's gonna.. used to love it, used to hear it over and over again on my walkman.. If I had to live my life without you near me..the days would all be empty, the nights would seem so long...

snap out of it girl :)

And I have to add this to the post :
2 articles in the Times of India today somewhat related to the last 2 posts of mine..strange coincidence..

One was related to fears, written by Sonya Green(no idea who she is) in a column called Mindset worth reading, an extract :

" Consciously or unconsciously, indulging in fearful thoughts and emotions will also align us with similar energies. Repetitious fear creates a negative belief system. It then attracts that type of behaviour and those compatible energies. Consider this, if you went back over your life and took an inventory of every worry and fear you ever had, and then tossed out every monkey, dog and witch, then, how many fears would be left?
And if you dissected all the real fears, and noted the outcomes, how many were as bad as you imagined at the time?
If you listed the really bad outcomes; the things which almost destroyed you and or dramatically changed you, then you might also wonder what of these events shaped the person you are today. The big question here of course, is that, if everything that went before made you and who you are today, then how many regrets will you carry?
You might find as much as eighty per cent of your life has been wasted on imagined dangers, and if this is so, then, imagine this, what if you had that eighty percent back again?
What would you be capable of creating, being, experiencing or feeling if you used your useless worry and imagined fear energies, in creating and choosing thoughts, emotions and actions, what could life be? "

Found it so nice.. I had to put it here..

The other was about friends and lovers.. too big to put up n i can't even find a link so go read it urself :D
vaise bhi this post has become too long and i doubt if anyone's still reading..lol.
Can u believe it i can still go on.. there are more things comin to my head but i'll leave abhi!
tada..

6 comments:

Bhaskar Sree said...

thank god you stopped the already lengthy post..
but then I know there's no end to your spamming :)

Whats In A Name said...

I survived till the last...
:-P
This was some long post.. Whats happening??? Long comments on blogs... Long posts... You about to write novel or something like that??
(The president of USA..... Are you hearing?? New A.Bombs in the making....:-P )
Kiddin....
Sometime back i was reading my posts i had made an year ago..Among them was a post which was a scribble of this sort. And I really liked that one the most..
The point am trying to make is that, though such posts dont make much sense now, they show a mirror which are a reflection of your past, after some time..

I wonder i made any sense..LOL..

TC

Neha said...

lol.. well wat do i say.. sorry fr the torture :P

and Manish, u r warned, in case i do write a book i'll make sure the bomb drops on u :P

well i jus felt like writin watever came to my head..ur right , it's an important piece of memory stored away fr future reference ;)

Suds said...

Long post... But good time pass. Keep writing..:):):)

Neha said...

@suds n jigal,
thanku ;)
i will.. keep writing i mean..:D

Anonymous said...

TV it is... Don't worry about what will happen when college starts. You just go ahead and watch TV at night.

It's very strange, but this is exactly what I do in vacations, almost everyday. (Yes, I realise I'm a bit too attached to my TV)