Tuesday, July 12, 2005

U.K. Part II

Ok, I've been real lazy :) Been planning to write for the past 2-3 days.. Neways lemme finally get on with it !!

So lemme pick up from where I left last time. Day 5 of my trip, I went to Cambridge.Really wanted to see what it was like.. was really tiring cause we were walking all day long! but it was worth it :) saw a few colleges. a few of them were closed for visitors.We saw jesus college, king's college n a few lik trinity, st john's , emmanuel from outside cause they were closed to visitors.The buildings looked beautiful!! The architecture everywhere was just so amazing.. all over the country infact.very rarely would u see an ugly old structure.Houses too are so well kept.

Outside one college, I think it was Trinity.. they had a no visitors sign.This lady came up to us on her own while we were just looking n said, my daughter studies here.If u want I can try n take u inside.I was so surprised.Strangers comin up to u n just offerin to help without you even asking is something which I havent really experianced here.

When I had reached there, the first place I wanted to see was London.But after travelling all over for so many days, I wasnt in any hurry to get there.Seeing the countryside, seeing all these places was just so nice! Driving through is just so amazing.Everywhere u go its all so beautiful,a wonderful shade of green.I think its the persistent rain which makes it so green,which is sometimes not so nice cause ur plans can get spoilt n it makes English ppl really quite obsessed with the weather!! Everyone checks whether forecasts, n believe it or not their forecasts actually turn out to be true!!lol, unlike here ;)

You don't get to see too many people in the towns, especially in the evenings.Most people hv an early dinner n go to sleep or they'r out in pubs n night clubs n streets r quite empty.Kinda nice for sometime atleast,the lack of people..the peace :) Of course when u get to the cities there's loads of ppl :)

One thing which I felt in Cambridge was the community thing..Indians with Indians,asians with asians.. n so on.. I wonder how it would be like to live there.Somehow made me think, can u ever really become like them..U look diff,talk diff..can u ever be a part of them?

People really take a lot of pains to dress up there, college students looked like fashion models,lol, not all of them..but some of them did.With makeup,tattoos,piercings hair styled,, wierdly colored most of the times.. i even saw a pink n black :D

After coming back we went to the local pizza hut,good place.. with unlimited pepsi refills :) though I cudnt finish even 1 :D and then had my first encounter with the Police,hehe.They'r pretty strict about everything there.We were one person extra in the car.6 instead of the 5 allowed.. they stopped the car but thankfully didnt fine anyone.Kinda nice he was, cause he went on giving a lecture on safety n saying I'm concerned about the person without the seat belt.Fines r real heavy there..50 punds for jumping a red light!! 300 £ fine for overloading..phew

Just one day that was :) I dont know how many parts I'll take to finish off the whole series..lol

No comments: