Wednesday, July 06, 2005

U.K. Part I

I'm back !!
It's good to be back, even though I had an awesome time there :)
But before I start writing,I'v got a sob story to share.I wrote this post yesterday n the moment I posted it it told me page not found or something n my entire post vanished.boohoo
Neways now lemme start right from the beginning.
12th June I took the flight from here to Bombay n then from Bombay( or Mumbai if u prefer that ;) ) to London.Flying was fun, the flight was smooth, can't say the same about the return journey though which was quite shaky due to bad weather.Neways didnt sleep a wink on the plane,kept watching movies, eating..The part I loved about the flight was when ur just about to take off.The speed with which the plane races ahead is so exhilarating!n of course when ur flying above the clouds it feels heavenly ! :)
Reached there around 12.30 Indian time, which was around 8.30 PM there n it still wasnt dark! Infact it seemed to me that it never really got dark there.Days were really really long so you could roam around freely.Only it felt funny having dinner when it was still so bright outside.lol.
I finally went to sleep after staying awake for almost 24 hours, n I hadnt slept more than 3 hours the previous night too.So the next day went in catching up with sleep, n just looking around.I was staying at a town called King's Lynn.Beautiful,quiet,pretty town it was,about 2 hours drive from London.
The first thing which struck me was how is this place so clean n so green!Everywhere u look, u just dont see anything dirty!N i just loved that!
Went and had a look at the nearby store,which seemed pretty huge to me then.Though later i saw stores sometimes 10 time its size!Wherever u might be, a village,town or city u'll always find big stores.And villages there didnt seem to me like villages.I mean the houses were huge,people had mercs parked outside their homes n they called it a village!! lol.
Another thing, wat amazing cars I saw there!There were just fabulous.Seemed to me at first that every person has a different model, cause there are just so many of them out there!
Next day went to a place called Peterborough, which they kinda pronounce as peterbro'.The English have some real wierd pronunciations I must say!They'll pronounce Edinburgh as Edinbr'.Berwick as Berick n so on!!
This place had a huge shopping centre, just going n looking at all the shops can tire u out!The only problem is everything is so expensive there!Clothes,food.. everything.. n most of the clothes have a Made in India,China... etc. tag.
Went to the McD's there.It's really tough for a vegetarian to survive outside I must say, they have to do it on salads n maybe sandwiches,lol.We still got to eat a lot of Indian food cause we stayed at my masi's place for quite sometime.
From there went to a beach at a place called Hunstanton.By the time we reached there it was around 6 so the beach was almost empty..again so clean !! very windy it was there. Went to the beach again 2 days later.There was some World water ski competetion going on,was good fun to watch.So was watching the kids there make sand castles with their little buckets n spades..:)
Felt a little alien initially, somehow u cant really fit in with those people.But gradually everything becomes more comfortable..
That was the first 4 days or so n i'm already tired typing about it.Next 2 days went to cambridge n london .. Am gonna write about that in my next post :D

No comments: