Monday, January 23, 2006

Welcome back!

That was me, welcoming myself back on my blog after quite a few days!
Yeah I've been away for a real long time, I'd probably been online for 10 min overall in the past 4-5 days! I can't remember when was the last time that I was so busy! But I had so much fun..I'm already missing it!

Well, our college had organized an All India Moot Court Competition and I was a part of the organizing team.. wat an experiance it was.. so much activity,so much hustle bustle..It was a three day event and preparations were going on for the past one week. and that's what was keeping me busy :) I was getting back home at dinnertime everyday, and sometimes even later than that! The past three days just flew by so quickly, I was on my feet almost all the time, running around, getting things in order, making sure things were in place, keeping a track of the teams. I'd never realized there was so much involved in just hosting a simple event! Sure taught me a bit of event management, lol.. Mayb i shud switch over to tht now ;)

I love being busy, I love it when my mind's working all the time, when I don't have time to waste..when there's something to be done, something which I enjoy doing..Well except for a few minor glitches, like the absence of a candle for the lamp lighting ceremony (which had to be done by matches,lol ) and the disappearance of the compere on the final day just before the ceremony was about to start ( which forced our teacher convenor to become an impromptu compere , and noone even got a hint that something was amiss , she did a very good job! ), we put up a fairly good show i think :) Not just me, most of the participants felt the same way :D ( and i did ask them, u seriously mean it ? lol ) Thankfully, they didn't see what all went on backstage.lol. There were of course, the raised tempers.. small fights at times but all in all it went off pretty well, and I enjoyed myself..I'd never interacted with my teachers so closely and it was fun sittin and chattin with them, informally. Also, interacted with a number of people whom I didn't noe too well before this, and found them to be pretty nice!

I was so tired I took an off today, and didn't do anything all day..lol.. just lazed arnd..wasted time..back to normal now :) so i'll b back to updating the blog regularly too!

22 comments:

teacup said...

hey, looks like you had some real fun:)...organizing can be lot of fun...and yes the teachers part is so true...also u get to know some people through such events, the ones you never even knew about!! and lazing around and wasting time...ahhaaa! I envy you!!
looking forward to ur posts:)

Anonymous said...

Organizing becomes even gr8 when something goes wrong.. if nothing goes wrong no fun in it

glad to read tht u enjoyed every bit of it.. n even the off day..lol

switch huh? ..lol

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Good to hear about ur busy schedule for past couple of day and that you enjoyed being busy :)

And yes...welcome back busy lady to blog-o-sphere...Wooo...Hoooo!!

I love being busy, I love it when my mind's working all the time
Yeah...since I moved in IT industry I realised that you can achieve height of laziness in here...all the time. Thats when lately to check whether ma brain is working properly or not...I get up and solve Sudoku's early in the morning. Good news....its still working fine :)

Nessa said...

Hiya,

Welcome back :-) But I'm glad you were having fun off blogsville too.. hehe..

I agree with Sudeep, things get spicier when something goes wrong..

Hope you enjoyed your day off..

Cheerio,
Nessa

Tarun said...

Welcome Back....Nice to see an update :-)

manu_the_lawgiver said...

lol.. i just finished writing a post on d organization of d moot. Well it was a memorable week.
"I love being busy, I love it when my mind's working all the time."This statement holds true for me too

Pradeep Puranik said...

Hi, I wish to share something with you. I invite you to my blog to read the articles and poems.

It is my dream that my blog should become a place of sharing knowledge, a place to discuss, to agree/disagree, and to obtain critiques on my work. I would like to have intellectuals, philosophers, poets, authors, thinkers and visionaries - but most of all - good humans beings visit.

I ask that you honor me with your continued visits and that you comment on any/all of my work as you can make time. I will be frequently updating it with lessons I learn from life, and you are invited to visit as often as you wish, and to spend as much time as you wish in my blog.

Thank you in advance for your time.
:)


P.S.: If you like my blog, do feel free to extend this invitation to any of your friends who may like to share.

Whats In A Name said...

So thts why you were out of scene...We surely missed your blog...( pun intended):-)
Even i was not online for sometime.. Same pinch:-P
Welcome back:-)

SeePearrl said...

Thats a very good experience...I remember my college days when were working to organize the college fest which used to be for three days! Thats awesome experience, I mus say!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was offline at the same time too.

You are right though, about liking being busy. I think all people like it when they are needed to do something, or have something to keep them busy. It makes us feel like we are worth something, and that our presence makes a difference.

Anyways, good thing you'll be back to blogging now.

Anirudh 'Lallan' Choudhry said...

hey neha even ma college fest is comin up n me 2 bz like hell...n the last post u commented upon was also related to this..i mean i too took a break n updated ma blog...its nice to be bz n then take a break n feel what all u miss...

Ajay said...

hey neha looks like u had a gr8 time..... nice blogg

Neha said...

@Yashita, oh yeah!i wish i'd discovered it earliar!
well iv just got a few months to go before i finish my studies.. then i'll be envious of everyone else too ;)

@Sudeep, yeah its the messy moments tht we're going to remember i guess :)

@Arz00n, lol..thanku :)
really either ur really reallu working day and nigh tin this industry or ur th ebiggest vella of all!

@Nessa, hello there :) yeah me back.. back to see ur posts n scan fr my name..lol ;)

@Tarun, thanku :D

@mani, yeah read ur post n ur reply too.. don't worry my mouth s shut :D

@Rahul, hey hw hv u been? good to see ya arnd too!

@Pradeep, thanku pradeep..will surely visit ur blog!

@Manish, hey i read something on ur blog.. did anything happen in goa?

@rathna, hello!nice to see ya here :)
i never tok part in our college fest caus ety always clashed with ou sem exams.. but this was fun!

@Sc, ur right.. it makes us feel we'r not good fr nothing :D and als creates a feeling of belonging..

@anirudh, hey i hope u have loads of fun too!post abt it :)

@Ajay, thanku so much !!

@pinki, nice coincidence i must say.. well i hv a certain coincidence with ur name too.. will tell u..

coolvir said...

Even me too loves beint the part of team.I am a part of my PR team in my college and with this being placement season and two huge events planned up in next couple of weeks,Life seems to be very bust at times.

But i guess its much better than a still life.

But whatever,i can't survive without checking my mailbox for atleast 2-3 times a day....

Tarun said...

Amelie Mauresmo won the Ladies Singles,
Leander and Damm lost in the finals.
Me looking forward (praying hard)to Fedrer and Bhupathi winning ....

Unknown said...

nice post! True we really like it if we are busy. It keeps us alert!
Great to know u had a great time!
Such time don't cum too enough, so... enjoy it when it does!

Rashmi

Anonymous said...

lol yeah i remembering the same kinda kick i got outta being really busy. i had to skip lunch one day and stayed out for more than 14 hours at a stretch. that may not be too much, but it was a start. besides, i'd been catching just about 5 hrs of sleep everyday for the past week. i conked off the next day :D

Anonymous said...

oops.. 'remember'

Whats In A Name said...

Nah nothing happened at Goa.. Just a little scared from the sea now...

Update....

teacup said...

hey neha, where are u??? no post in a long time, still lazing around:))

cherubic_chipmunk said...

hey buddy WB...

Ajay said...

hey thanks for dropping back.... waiting for a new post from u .......
can check my new post.