Wednesday, June 01, 2005

It happens when you least expect it to happen

The setting was pretty good.Food set out on the table.3 candles on the table and 2 more in 2 corners of the room.No light anywhere else. Everything totally, absolutely dark.

It's been years since the time I last had a candlelight dinner.Yesterday night I had to, even though I did not really want to, neither was I prepared for it.

But the power supply people had decided enough was enough. It was high time that I did it. So just when the invertor had fallen sick, they decided that yesterday night had to be it.( Actually they hadn't, the grid had tripped..;) but this sounded better :-) So all of us at home were forced to have a candlelight dinner!

Well everything was just plunged into total darkness.It's really been years since that last happened. Luckily, my side of town does not face huge power cuts, and when there are minor disruptions, the invertor has always come to our aid.It wudn't have been so bad.. if only it wasn't this hot.Another effect of the power cut was that I did something which i hadnt done for months now. Went off to sleep really early,lol, cause there was nothing to do! No TV, no comp, no books, nothing!!

Anyways had a good 10-11 hour sleep yesterday and now I'm feeling totally refreshed :)

Btw Exams finally overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: