Friday, February 17, 2006

It's the tag season baby!

I've got four tags to complete now.. Lol..
Yipee!! Can life get any better? ;)

Manish, Anita, Neeta and Sudarshan, I'll get back at you for this :P
and Mike too.. cause i got one because of him :P

Well let me go by chronological order. My next few posts are going to be just tags i think!
First was Manish's tag.. so here goes.
Luckily I'd made a similar post not so long ago.. so I'm just gonna copy paste it here..hehe heeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeee
In fact it was identical to the tag..

Pet Peeves

Actually they're not few, they're many cause I think I'm very impatient and get irritated easily.. more easily that I should, which is not good.. but well..
Here go a few of those things..

  • WAITING.. for anything.Probably comes with the lack of patience.Though unfortunately I'v kept people waiting a number of times too.. n i'm sorry for that but really waiting makes me jus lose my temper so much..
  • Earliar it was only people who start honking the moment a red light turns green, now some of them start honking even before it turns green, expecting u to jump the red light and give them a smooth passage!
  • People who are rude to others without any reason.
  • People who are overcompetitive and think that helping other would reduce their own chances. If you're good, you're good. Why should you bother about how good the other person is.
  • People who look at old persons standing and then just look away to avoid offering them a seat.
  • People who stare so hard at you that it feels like they're trying to pierce you with their eyes.
  • People who say something in front of u, and then totally turnaround and deny that they ever even remotely mentioned that later.
  • Some people who refuse to accept their mistakes. Hey we all make them, just say sorry and move ahead.
  • People who overtake you in such a bad way that you just barely escape unscratched, or jump red lights forcing you to break when you should be the one crossing it.
  • People who brush past you or just step on you and then just move on without an apology.
  • Looking for something desperately and then finding it days later from the unlikeliest of places when you don't need it anymore.
  • Dropping something which is almost surely going to leave a stain on your clothes.
  • Someone who just drags on a discussion in class, picking up idiotic points and trying to appear the smartest person on earth.I remember once this guy went on and on about how women themselves willingly get into prostitution for money and when someone said that this is basically a big city phenomena and if you look at he big picture prostitution is forced, he refused to admit it and went on for the next 15 min trying to prove himself right by stats, TOI reports n what not..
  • Teachers who are exceptionally stingy about attendance and are so boring that you can barely stay awake in their class.I've always noticed this, professors who are really good would never bother about attendance cause they know they're good and everyone would in any case attend their class. There is this Sir of mine, Prof B.B.Pande who's retired now, but he is the best teacher I've had in college.And when he used to teach criminal law in first year, it used to be tough finding a place to sit in his class! we had to at times carry chairs there or just attend the whole class standing.I've always admired him for his knowledge, his expression, his way of teaching, his way of answering questions..Ok i'm totally diverting here..
  • Standing in a slowmoving queue.
  • Peole who are diplomatic, who can lie about anything.
  • Traffic jams, especially when I'm always running late ( which is quite often ;) )
  • I think I should stop here.. am i really so irritable..lol.. I've found so many things and there must be more too..
Cut to the present now..
  • Let me make some updates to this.. hmm..people who are really selfish.. I mean all of us are to a certain extent i think.. but then there are some..who hv no limits.
  • People who are irresponsible with other people's stuff. Hey go ahead do watever u want to with ur own.. but not with someone else's..
  • Insensitive people. There are some who would say such things.. it really amazes me at times..
  • People who don't switch their ringers off anywhere they go! Be it classrooms, hospitals.. exam halls.. just anywhere!
  • People who write false comments using my name :P

They're more than 20 t00 ;)

Next up.. Anita's tag and then Neeta's and then Sudarshan's.. sigh ! oh by the way guys consider urself tagged. Mike you too!
And of course, you guys r tagged.. yeah yeah u.. reading this post, consider urself tagged :P

29 comments:

Darth Midnightmare said...

"All the best finding the only second person of this type that may exist"

That was the last line of my comment on Neeta's blog...the first guy of that type of course is yours truly ;-). Not a biological impossibility for someone who is a preux chevalier like I am ;-)

As for this tag, come on, that's not fair!!! Why me? :-(. Oh and BTW, had sent you an email a couple of days ago. Did you get it?

Sudeep said...

lollzz... the 1st n the second-last pts r so contradictory

People who say something in front of u, and then totally turnaround and deny that they ever even remotely mentioned that later
ha ha.. u gonna be a public prosecutor ;)

traffic traffic traffic... aur kuch nahi hai kya hate karne ke liye?? :)

@Previous posts: I never check whether the real person is leaving the comments or not.. now onwards i will ensure i sign in n then leave my comment

teacup said...

hahha...don't worry, guess i am more irritable than u!!! almost every blog i've visited has a some 20 pet-peeves..and i agree with all of them on more than 15!!! wow!!!...
traffic...guess wen u have to wait at 19(only going...both ways wuld be 38!!!) signals everyday...you get used to it:)

but overtakin really makes my blood boil!!...i think i shuld mention this in my list too:)

diplomatic!!!...you knw wat...i culdn't agree on anythin more!!!....i am goin to write this one!!!

"People who brush past you or just step on you and then just move on without an apology."...you knw now i am so used to this that recently in a mall wen a foreigner accidently and very lighly brushed past me i was dumbfounded when she actually apologised to me(not once but she kept on saying sorry!!!)....hhehe...i had a funny expression on my face!!

bout ppl who don't accept their mistakes...you knw my opinions on tht...i had written a huge post on it:)

i don't go anywhere where there is even slight possibility of QUEUES!! trust me they scare me!!

Neha said...

@Mike, really?her post seems to suggest something to the contrary ;)
showing off the french here monsieur? ;)

y u!! y not u?:P u got me one too remember.. n tth too when i was trying to be nice..lol..

got the mail and sent the reply!thanku fr tht !:)

@Sudeep, yeah i noe , hate waiting yet make ppl wait.. its bad.. but i jsut cant wake up in the morning!

u noe i'd love to b the public prosecutor.. even in mock courts i usually like taking the prosecutors side:D

yeah.. do tht before someone uses ur name too..

Neha said...

@Yashita, i feel better ;)
uv actually counted the signals.. i usually try n take the route with the minimum no. of red lights!

honestly.. i find it so rude, y cant ppl just apologise..no hard feelings then!

Trevor Penn said...

I didn't read the post... I'm only reading the comments :P

The Individualist said...

"People who stare so hard at you that it feels like they're trying to pierce you with their eyes."
Lol Nicely put. I am notorious for that. But people generally tend to say that I have pretty eyes and thus they usually don't get offended too much. ;) Believe me, you wouldn't too. :D
And as for people trying to jump the red light, you couldn't be any truer. That happens all the time in my place. And while am patiently waiting for it to turn green, as the countdown nears 7, everybody start honking and worst of it all, they get so offended that I get another opportunity to glare away and stare away at everybody. :p
"People who write false comments using my name :P"
Haha, that sounded cute. :p
And tagged :O No :O I didn't read this at all. It's somebody else that's posting :O Not me not me.. *runs off murmuring 'not me not me' incoherently...

Nessa said...

Buss?! That's ALL?!?..
No, dear God! you're crazy if you think you're irritable.. You should meet me in person.. I would murder some people if I were allowed to! :P

Btw, I was waiting for 'Nirmala' to surface somewhere, and I see you're a 'and last but not the least' kinda person :P

Hmm, if only I knew HOW to consider myself tagged! :P

Darth Midnightmare said...

Arre don't go by her post, go by my comment in reply to her post!!! :-) You will notice that she has not contradicted me!!!

And hey, why tag me? Tag Neeta for this!!! ;-)

cherubic_chipmunk said...

add 1 more tag on my part-jus 2 make ur life better-lolzz!!hey no kiddin'-chk ma blog for details...newayz gr8 post-can empathize wid u for most of it...

Love you longtime! said...

People who are rude to others without any reason

They are many in numbers... and guess what - I hate 'em too!

coolvir said...

How many tags are there in universe?
You completes one and in no time someone else tags you...

Am starting to hate tags

Sudarshan said...

Haha four tags in a row..cool lol..so many people want to tag you..that implies you're very special:-) Have fun completing them!! By the way, this was one of the longest responses to a tag I've come across!!

Pradeep Puranik said...

HAHAHA You tagged all your readers!
Well, here I go...

What do I hate most?
Nothing, really! I do not waste my energy in hatred.

However, there are a few things that do irritate me:

1. Wars
2. Blind faith
3. Religious fanatics
4. Cricket
5. Most Bollywood movies

If I forced myself to think longer, I might add a few more, but it is really not worth the effort.

Hope I have justified your tag :)
Thank you.

Swetha said...

Waiting...yea,it irritates me too but i'm just practising as to how to enjoy myself utilising that time,because people will never be in time..
people who write false comments using ur name..hahaha
Everything that you said matches my views so well,
hmmm...Insensitive people...
even an insensitive person is sensitive to certain things,at times.

teacup said...

hehehe, ya i acyually counted them!!! get soo bored waiting at the signals...yup, i usually wait till it turns green and ppl start honkin as soon it nears 9/7 (@individualist, hehhehe, pretty eyes:) i guess i shuld try doin that;)).....
and that route is the 'short-cut'..u can guess otherwise:)

and already did the tag:)

Anonymous said...

Me? Tagged for being nice and giving you sumthing to post about??!! Lolzz...Will make my pet peeves known soon...till then am focussing on my urdu thingie :D

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

overcompetitive and think that helping other would reduce their own chances.
I was like this during coll times...have improved a lil bit now...

People who stare so hard at you that it feels like they're trying to pierce you with their eyes.
Dont mind if these are gals *wink*

Teachers who are exceptionally stingy about attendance and are so boring
U had a hit list during ma engg days...used to dream of erasing such profs once I get ma degree...

Traffic jams, especially when I'm always running late
TRUE...true...true...

Nice list there lady!!

Neha said...

@seashells, now now.. someone's trying to be too smart here ;)

@The Individualist, well noone minds being stared at by pretty eyes, it probably makes us feel nicer..lol.. i was talking abt tht rude,dirty kinda stare :D
oh yeah, tht happens all the time.. it's like ur guilty for obeying the law when noone else wants to!
no escape here.. haha .. evil grin :D u are tagged!

@Nessa, you noe i was talking to a friend yesterday, and she went just like u.. saying i could kill some people if i was allowed.. n i asked her how many and she went like.. 28!and i was like.. don't tell me uv actually counted..lol..well u noe.. she had..hehe
last but not the least.. umm.. didnt get tht?

well to cosider urself tagged you have to make a similar post on ur blog.. on the same topic, writing from ur side wat bugs u.. wont b too tough na ? :D

@Mike, yeah yeah i read ur comment.. ok monsieur, take ur word for it ;)
and i hv already tagged her too, but wont let ya off :P

@arvind, yaay!thank god i'm already bound to do it..lol.. will be up soon!

@coolvir, :)) infinite.. will go on and on and on.. as long as there are blogs and bloggers, there will be tags :D

@Sudarshan, thts a very nice way of putting it. i feel so much better now ;)

@Pradeep, smart.. and teh quickest replier too :D
u dislike cricket.. thts a rarity :)
good work here!!

@sweta, welcome here :)
insensitive people..yeah tths right.. everyone is sensitive somewhere.. but i don't like ppl who hurt others by their comments.. or make statements without regard to the situation, the people..

@Yashita, wat a way to pass time :)
try the stare game.. mayb they'll stop..lol..
the short cut!!awesome.. njoy girl :D

@Anita, hey i'm just being nice back to u too :D returning a kind gesture with another one..hehe..

@Arz00n, competition is not bad.. but being over secretive n not helpin out others doesnt do u any good.. cause then noone helps u out too..

lol.. ur right. would teh guys ever mind being stared at!

Jackal said...

hmmmmm at least it gave some insight abt u......

Nessa said...

You said something to the following effect: Last but not the least, I hate the person who messed up my blog..
which I was expecting...
If you ask me again, I might not have the strength to explain :P

The considering myself tagged thing was a joke, since your general tag din't feel like a compulsion.. I was, however, punished for being a smartmouth the very next day.. I got tagged to make a hate-list by three different people.. :(

It's up on my blog (too big to fit here) :P

P.S. If I had to give you my hit-list count, I wouldn't be able to... I dunno how many traffic policemen Mumbai has..

Anonymous said...

I'm sure both parties here are more than willing to sign the contract. I'm giving you an offer you cannot refuse ;)
Imagine... permanent peace from one blogger. What could be better!

SeePearrl said...

hmm neha :)...me ttooo reading only comments....comments seeem interesting than tags :)

The Individualist said...

It'd make you feel nicer? Ah, but... definitely. :D
And oops. No. No. No. I didn't read the reply. I definitely didn't. Whoosh!

Neha said...

@Jackal, i have 3 more tags.. mroe insights :)

@Nessa, mind reader :P
Hehe.. well well now come on don't crib abt making a hate list.. i'm sure it wasnt tht tough ;)

@apurv, for once.. i don't want to argue :)

@Pinki, hehe.. told ya.. it's the tag season!! :D

@Rathna, now now.. don't try to fool me :P

@The Individualist, firstly tell me ur name.. or atleast a shorter name to address u..lol..
you are tooo smart.. i'll get ya one day :P

sinusoidally said...

This list makes me afraid of you. :-)

The Individualist said...

lol alright. My name is Sudhir. Don't ask me to shorten it anymore. :p I've always regretted not having any of those cute nicknames since my childhood, since people wisely decided that my name was as short and good as a nickname ought to be. -shrugs- And now, you are saved from having to type 'The Indiv-' :p Makes me sound like some great old mighty emperor of the middle ages. Doesn't it? :D Even if it doesn't sound so, tell me yes. :p

Anonymous said...

"Teachers who are exceptionally stingy about attendance and are so boring that you can barely stay awake in their class.I've always noticed this, professors who are really good would never bother about attendance cause they know they're good and everyone would in any case attend their class."

THAT'S JUST SO, SO TRUE... I have said the exact same thing (believe me, the EXACT same thing) so many, many times to my friends. Now, if only there was some way we could make all the prof's understand that...

Neha said...

@Sinusoidally, i hv tht effect on ppl ;)

@Sudhir, thank god..lol.. hey u noe wat i share the same regret.. noone ever thought of keeping a shorter cuter nickname for me!so i'v been stuck with neha.. atlst u wont share ur name with 4 other ppl in the same room everywhere u go..sigh.. i really really wish i had a petname too.. n u noe i somehow never call ppl by their nicks.. always end up calling them by their proper names..

The I.. sounds nice, no doubt abt tht ;)

@Siddharth, you know our teacher was telling us a story tht day.. she said once a professor caught someone runnin gout of class n asked tht person y he was running. he didnt answer.. the teacher kept on asking n finally the guy just said..'cause your lectures are too boring'..lol.. tht teacher never asked again.. mayb thts the only way.. we shud make them ask us :D