Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Disclaimer

Now where do i start from?I was hoping it'll end and I wouldn't have to do this but..
Well someone has been playing a very bad joke here, maybe he/she would feel very happy to see this too..but i don't care.
Firstly someone posted wierd comments on my blog using id's of all my friends... everyone who comments here..i was surprised to see their names in the comments but then I was told it can be done, the person would just have to write the name and copy paste the profile page link in the other column and voila! it would appear that those people had actually written those comments. Infact this person even posted a comment from my name.. which made me think that someone had hacked my account.. but thankfully thts not the case.. So Rathna.. i don't need to change my password yet :)

Well I'v had to enable comment moderation.. n i think I'll have to stick with it for sometime.. till this person gets out of here..

Secondly, this person has been posting comments using my link at all my friends' blogs.. and signing it off with the name Nirmala.. so if anyone of u gets a comment by that name it's not me.. ignore it..

I don't know who it is, and why he/she is doing this.. but i hate this.. if only i could abuse! :)
This person is totally insane! He/she has gone and posted comments putting my link in each comment at each and every blog tht i hv in my list.. and signed them off with nirmala! how can anyone have so much time to waste.. and be so frustrated..

10 comments:

Jackal said...

ohh u 2.....this happened with me also some time back and i know how disgusting it is.......leaving comments in ur name at other ppl's blogs.....its ridiculous tht any one can tarnish ur name ur image.....some sick idiot.......

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I was going to tell u about this comment moderation only...good that u activated it....

2nd thing which you can do is..install sitemeter / stat counter to track from where people are coming on ur blog...sychronise your comments and visitor log times...and you are done!!

Now you can track that bugger who is abusing ur blog

Pradeep Puranik said...

We must all post an awareness entry about this in our blogs. Tell all your friends to post an entry about this, that way, more people will get to know faster about this sicko.

Moreover, I believe you can complain to the administrators of blogspot. Wonder if that would be of any help. It would be nice if they can make it impossible for people to do such things.

Pradeep Puranik said...

Oh, and I forgot. Being a software engineer, I can tell you a little something:

Since you have enabled moderation, all comments will be sent to your email. From the email, you will be able to trace out some of the person's details if he/she does that again.

Wonder if that helped, but I'd go to any extent to find this sicko if such a thing happened to me.

All the best.

Anonymous said...

Thats crazy !! ppl are total Vella re....neways I hope this get past moderation :D

Sudarshan said...

Hey neha..how are you?Well this is bad..there are some fools out there who want to show their smartness by doing such foolish stuff..they're pathetic losers,really. You really can't do anything about it rather than moderating comments.And yeah,this is to inform you that you've been tagged:-) visit my blog for more info!!

SeePearrl said...

ohh...thats an option in "other" where you just you put the name and link....phewwww.....! Never tried that....!!

I just hope whoever doing this stop wat they are doing !

Neha said...

@Jackal, i thought i was the only unlucky one!! misery loves company u noe :)

@Arz00n, i do hv a sitemeter n i think i also noe the IP address now, thanks to a few friends..:) but wat do i do now..

@Pradeep, i ddi write to blogger, but no reply yet..
and yeah tht person's been smart.. till now i dont hv any email traces.. though tht was a good idea.. i do hv an idea abt his/her IP address though.. thanku!

@pATI, really .. but tht vella..phew :D

@Pinki, Blog Police..lol..yeah thts not a bad idea.
You really hv a detective agency? :D
secret admirer..wish it was ;) but i don't think thts the case..

@Rathna, i hope so toooooooo!

Anonymous said...

Oww! Tis a bad situation! But atleast the person is signing off as Nirmala. Guess he/she still has some conscience not to sign off under ur name! breathe easy until then...

Anonymous said...

Well, seems like I missed quite a bit happening around here....

To think that people have nothing else to do other that go to people's blogs and trouble them, I just have to pity such people. To them, I have to say, 'get a life!!'.

I just had such a problem with someone impersonating other people on my school yahoogroup that I moderate. This person had one guy confessing his love for this one gal and writing trash on everyone else!

Anyways, good luck with the moderation thing.