Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Warning: Might sound like a lecture.. :)

Each one of us only needs to do his/her part.That's it.Nothing more, nothing less.Yet, we fail to do even that much.We refuse to fulfill our responsibilities.If everyone would throw waste only in dustbins, there would not be any of it lying around would it?Yet, if I try and tell someone not to throw something on the road, they tell me you'r being stupid.Your not throwing things on the road is not going to make a difference, others are going to throw stuff on the road anyways.Well if everyone of us thinks that way, is it ever going to change? I really dislike this defeatist attitude of people. Things are not going to change so why even try.. Why should you bother about what others are going to do? You need to only do your job, you need to only take care of your part.
Someone asks me, will you take up a false case? I said.. I hope not.Atleast that's what I think right now.. that i don't want to. And then I hear.. You don't know how the system works, you wont earn that much money.. If you don't take it up, someone else will. Why should I think of all that? All I know is that I won't be happy doing it. I do have some idealistic ideas in my head and I don't want to break them.. not so soon atleast..How would I fight about something I'm not convinced about myself?
Coincidentally, I was watching Viruddh today.It's a movie about a man's struggle to get his son proved innocent against a corrupt system which favours only the powerful.The son gets killed for trying to do the right thing, which maybe foolish. Throwing yourself to catch persons who've just shot someone.What do u get for following your principles? for helping someone out? get killed? How many powerless people really get JUSTICE? Howver, I still can't get them otu of my head. I still don't see myself defending a murderer cause its plain and simple wrong. It's just wrong. Now anyone might say.. so is jumping a red light, so is crossing the speed limit.. so is lying.. so is are a hundred more things which I do.Well somethings are wrong.. and then somethings are WRONG. Noone's a saint here. We're all mere mortals. But we all have certain principles and certain values. Where do all these go when we go and shoot a person down? When we defend a person knowing that he's guilty? when we burn alive people just bcos they are from a particular religion? When will we learn...when will we give up. When will we stop pointing fingers at others and do what we have to and should do.

No comments: