Sunday, May 22, 2005

Frankly my dear!

Wanna write.. wanna write.. wat do i write?
The problem is that there is nothing new happening, and i don't want to write about the same old things.

Exams still ( yeah :( ) going on. Had a break for about 3-4 days n it's been so tough to egt back to studies, i just can't concentrate now. Just want them to finish, so i can move on. As for how i do in them, Frankly my dear.. I don't give a damn..lol :)) Well i do actually, just wanted to use that line. :D Anyone remembers where it's from? I loved the book when i read it. I used to stay up till 3-4 am reading it n then get up at 7 and go to college too.. gosh. i wonder how i managed that!! :)

One of the books in recent times that could make me stay up has been Harry Potter. I just can't leave that book. I read the last 2 or 3 versions on the comp, sitting from morning to night.. just wanting to read on and on. Am eagerly awaiting the next one! It's the story, characters, the narrative, the simplicity, J.K. Rowling's writing style.. I just can't leave the books! Some people might think it's still a kid's book after all.. but i don't care :P

I love kid's books anyways. I used to read so much when i was a kid, used to red while walking, eating, even tried to read sometimes in torch light when the lights used to be out :) Had a lot of favourites, some of the ones i remember are the Enid Blyton books on schools, St. Clare and Malory Towers.. the adventurous lives those girls had with their pranks, midnight parties n wat not! Still have one of those with me, though i havent read it since quite a few years now.Then the Hardy boys n nancy drews, agatha christies, sherlock holmes.. reading used to be such a pleasure then. There was no net,no computers in fact, nothing much on TV.. Used to read a lot of short stories.. from the panchantra, aesop's fables.. Infact I used to read my english course book the day we used to go and buy the books, even before start of the year at school :)

It feels nice remembering those days n the passion I had for reading books.. and what do i have to read now? Some stupid chapter on directors in company law.. Ughh :((

;)

No comments: